Tuesday 16 June 2009

Be Everywhere!

So Dave says I've been falling behind on my posts in a major way.... so with that kick up the back side I have dragged my "lazy" backside off the floor where i had positioned my self between puppy Kodi and grouchy Loki so i could "supervise" any "interaction"... but first let me tell you about my schedule.
My ferrets have been ESCAPING!!! they have been in the same space for over a year now and I have never had a problem so I have never had to make any changes... then Flash (white) was found doing a balancing act on the wall that runs all the way down the street.
Found where she was getting out... a hole too small for Enzo (brown) and fixed it. Problem solved...
A couple weeks later Enzo is no where to be found and after frantic searching I peer over the wall into the neighbors yard to see him trying his hardest to climb back to me... after a little breaking and entering I managed to get him back. though he had dug up most of their plant pots in the process... couldn't figure out how he got out.... and he seemed to stop so I grew lax.
Neighbors alerted me to my ferret on the wall, and as soon as I put him down he climbed straight back up... Busted Enzo!
then the lecture about how I should have been watching him began and how they could only go out if they were "closely" supervised... yes boss.

In the mean time I am up at 6am every morning to attend to the pitiful whinge-bag in my kitchen.. no, not Dave.. at this time he is already out on the morning walk with Loki and Duffy (give the man his credit where credit is due). Kodi needs rushed out side for his morning ablutions then fed then entertained till he is tired enough to go back to sleep which gives me enough time to eat and dress then it's off to work with Kodi and Duffy in tow.
After a non stop morning, Lunch hour consists of me eating in a hurry so I can take Duffy into the Fields for his walk and then taking Kodi out for some socialization and exercise before going back to the grind of non stop work till five when I pack up the pups and head home.
Once home I feed the little ones and put him to bed before picking up Loki from the in-laws and taking him and Duffy for their evening walk, by the time I get home Dave is cooking supper (bless his soul) which gives me time to "supervise my ferrets" then eat and then the puppy is up and HYPER.... after an Hour of play and eat and poop I put him back to bed... whew!

So now I have 1 precious hour before I have to wake the puppy and see to it he is fed, watered, pooed, peed, and tired before I can collapse on my bed at 10.30pm. On top of this I have websites to update, a charity party to help plan, a social life (HA!), and a marriage. I was going to rant and rave about how I am expected to be everywhere at once, how I am supposed to shadow the puppies and ferrets every move and also have consideration for poor Loki's depression over his house being terrorized by Kodi-zilla.... but I am to tired.
Update: This pic was taken right after his scab had come away, since then it has healed amazingly fast. Kodi saw the vet today and they are impressed with how well is sores are healing and even gave him his 1st injection which means his time with us is short. In 2 weeks time he will be put up for adoption and find himself a new home.

No comments:

Post a Comment